Did you know? May 21st was World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development. Here are some suggestions for activities adapted from the Do One Thing For Diversity And Inclusion Facebook page:
1. Visit an art exhibit/museum dedicated to other cultures.
2. Invite people from your neighborhood with different cultural/religious backgrounds to share a meal with you.
3. Rent a movie or read a book from a country/religion other than your own.
4. Invite people from a different culture to share your customs.
5. Read about the great thinkers from cultures other than your own (e.g. Confucius, Socrates, Avicenna, Ibn Khaldun, Aristotle, Ganesh, Rumi)
6. Visit a place of worship different than yours; participate in the celebration.
7. Learn about traditional celebrations from other cultures (e.g., Hanukkah, Ramadan, New Year's Eve celebrations of Spain, or Qingming festival in China).
8. Spread your own culture around the world through - see the Do One Thing For Diversity And Inclusion Facebook page and learn about other cultures.
9. Explore music of a different culture.